X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PMB

The poor man's bronco.
    ​​​​​​
    I've been waiting for a place to keep a timeline of this thing. With DR being down more than up I never bothered.

I bought the explorer 10/28/19 for 800 bucks from the 2nd owner with 187k and a starting issue. "Some times it starts some time it doesn't..." Started it off of the starter solenoid and drove it from oceanside to Del Taco then back home to Long Beach. I got over starting it off the solenoid after a few days so I put the thing up on a lift at a buddy's shop only to see the nut for the ground on the starter was as loose as a goose. Explained the Disneyland firework show under the hood.. Tightened it up and haven't had an issue sense. While we had it at the shop we used the trusty ole vatozone warranty and tossed in a new radiator because why not..

​​​​Morning after I brought it home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191229_093241.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	267
    Was a hell of alot cleaner than then now lol..

Shortly after a friend gave me 5 Mojave Teflon wheels. So I got those mounted, added 2.5 skyjacker coils, KYB's all around and slapped on my old rugged radio and drove it

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200222_164023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	124

In September of 2020 I hit up Mikey over at the fablab. I always wanted to rebuild jesses red explorer and I knew he could get me where I wanted. So I dropped it off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210309_213212.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	125
    After that I order g50e's from solo. Ended up finding some 33 10.5s on offer up and bought some AR23's

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210225_160731.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	126

After that I went and pulled a 2nd gen 8.8 took it to the gear shop in Paramount and had it completely rebuilt with new axles 4.56s and a truetrac. Front was re-geared by performance 4 wheel drive in bellflower. Both places I recommend.

ive been sitting on 2.5x12 smoothies for the rear for a long while now. Why I'm procrastinating I don't know. But that's next. I'd like a roof rack for this thing one day too for storage.

And of course lots of maintenance stuff like coilpack, plugs, wires, t-stat, water pump ect...

This things definitely the best 800 dollars I could ever spend. She's taking me lots of places. And down trails (when it was stock) that I will not return to even now.
    Last edited by ttbrandyg; 06-05-2022, 09:49 AM.
Working...
X