The wife's first gen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wife's first gen!

Alright so I always want to do a build thread on my ranger back in the days of DR but never thought it was cool enough to do. So, might Aswell do some build threads on mine and the wifies first gens! I'm going to start with hers since my expo and I are on bad terms Haha, plus I been having a lot more fun fixing hers up and adding all the parts I've been collecting over the years to hers.

so, the story goes we were lying in bed one night watching tv and I was on craigslist of all places to look at things for sale and came across the ad for a 91-ford explorer had a decent amount of info attached and 5 pretty crappy pictures. I was interested immediately showed the wife and she blew it off, I pondered on it for the next few days and mentioned it to her again she took a better look and we decided to message him, I asked for more info and pics it took him some time to get all that, but when I received the pics and info, I knew I couldn't waste any time. we had planned to go look at it on our way to parker for a river trip. showed up and it was a no brainer we were going to buy it. Came home from the river grabbed the flat bed and went to go pick it up.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	249

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.9 KB ID:	250 Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.3 KB ID:	251
    some of the pics he sent me while we were at the river. Low and behold this thing is very well built most of the major fab work was done by Woody Woodward out of Redlands ca, front beams are fully tig welded 5 inch over dana 35 beams. with parallel double Heim radius rods. giant motorsports engine cage with some 2.5x14 SAW coil overs. with a really nice front bumper with a thick aluminum skid plate.

The rear has a g50e Deavers with some sketchy flat stock shackles, second gen 4:10 axle 2.5x16 piggyback SAW bed cage all paneled in with shock access panels and a panel to access the fuel pump on the bronco fuel tank. dual battery boxes. and a bitchen one off tire gate rear bumper all built by woody. also, a one-off full length roof rack with 5 vision X hid lights.

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (7).jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	252
    Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (10).jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	253​​

ill continue more tomorrow..

Attached Files

Alright continuing on... got it home and it went on jack stands. Ripped the disk brake expo axle out and threw on a bronco 8.8 and found some giant motorsports shackles on the market place for cheap. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211010_192417.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	273
    The front shocks were to long it didn't need a 14 and I don't really care for sway aways and a smooth body in the rear just wasn't gonna cut it so the shocks went up for sale. Bought a brand new pair of fox 2.5x12 coilovers for up front and found a really nice pair of fox 2.5x16 triple bypasses for the rear. The China light bar up front went in the trash and I had 4 baja design 4 inch hids in the garage. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211014_073703.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	277 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211005_191906.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	276
    The tires we bald and the really narrow offset 16 inch wheels had to go so she got my old alcoas and new set of 35 inch falken M/T tires. The 3 5/8s backspacing makes it look a hell of alot better. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220603_030834.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	279
    Attached Files

Comment

That's a fullsize Bronco tank? Do you know what year it's from?

Comment

Working...
      X