93’ Tan Sploder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93’ Tan Sploder

New to the explorer scene. Got this tan beauty for $1000 with 78,000mi on it. Don’t know anything about owning an A4LD Explorer.

plan is to give it the GFE spice.
    C&T Beams
    44 Knuckle Swap
    G50’s
    33x10.5’s
    4.56s
    traklocs F/R

Trying to keep it simple and fun for my girl. We wheel a lot in my 89 150 and now it’s her turn to have something she can just hop in and party. Any suggestions for driveline longevity is much appreciated.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	265
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	266

Question. What width does the 44 knuckle swap achieve? Does it end up being wider than the 8.8?

Comment

Originally posted by wet__burrito View Post
      Any suggestions for driveline longevity is much appreciated.

the best advice you'll ever hear/probably already heard since you have that sick looking 150 and already do offroad........ do not do a single fucking thing to it. leave it stock, then sell it for a car or something that you wont take off the pavement anywhere/anytime.

shitty because you more than likely will not listen to this advice, just like i did NOT 15+ years ago, and it'll fuck your whole life up.
      but......... you wont regret it one single bit. haha

Last edited by Ur_Mawm69; 06-10-2022, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Question. What width does the 44 knuckle swap achieve? Does it end up being wider than the 8.8?

not sure statistic wise but..... yes. it will be a little bit wider. plus its D44 knuckles...... im not sure how to explain it other than, its bigger/stronger than D35 parts. hah

Comment

Dana 44 Stub shaft has a larger diameter coming off the U joint.
          Dana 44 Snout is longer and spreads the bearings out better to survive the kind of loads we throw at them

Comment

Originally posted by Ur_Mawm69 View Post

the best advice you'll ever hear/probably already heard since you have that sick looking 150 and already do offroad........ do not do a single fucking thing to it. leave it stock, then sell it for a car or something that you wont take off the pavement anywhere/anytime.

shitty because you more than likely will not listen to this advice, just like i did NOT 15+ years ago, and it'll fuck your whole life up.
            but......... you wont regret it on single bit. haha

This amazing. I appreciate this response. I don’t think my life will get ruined but I agree. It does drive very nice just the way it is

as for the 44 swap…thanks for the response. I didn’t know the exact numbers but I knew it would be wider. Track better.

any advice on tranny coolers?

Comment

Tranny cooler part numbers? Or setup suggestions?
              also steering link, the stock is pretty torched. Stock replace? Drop pitman arm?

Comment

This amazing. I appreciate this response. I don’t think my life will get ruined but I agree. It does drive very nice just the way it is

as for the 44 swap…thanks for the response. I didn’t know the exact numbers but I knew it would be wider. Track better.

any advice on tranny coolers?
                I run full with D44 TTB and use adapters on the rear to keep the 5x5.5. Even full width to stock 8.8 with adapters the difference isn't that bad. You are pretty much describing my mercury build wise. it is a fun jump in and cruise toy. With a cut and turn probably do not need a drop pitman arm. I run stock steering however mine is F150/bronco not explorer/Ranger.
                Last edited by MercuryMullet; 06-23-2022, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X