The dirt diggler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dirt diggler

Mine is nothing crazy but just a bit different. 1997 mountaineer so first gen but second gen explorer for us.
    Started as awd V8. Has 5.0 with a small cam, tune and headers. Stock 4r70w with a shift kit. Bronco transfer case. Trussed factory 8.8. Frame grafted full sized bronco for the full width D44 TTB. 4.56 gears with a clutch LS up front and tru trac rear.

2.5 coilovers up front with 3.0 bypasses rear mounted outside the frame over 62” deavers. 33x12.50 15s. Has on board air and a winch.

I’ve beat on it for years and it keep going.

You have a pretty good build going, i like different stuff like this. How do you like the true trac? Road manners,noise,any harsh engagement offroad.

Comment

I love the tru trac. I understand it is not a locker but it is my first choice of limited slip. I have never felt it lock or unlock street or dirt. I have never had an issue where it did not turn the tire I need. My only complaint who be it doesn’t spin the tires. In the sand my old tight clutch limited slip would act sort of like a locker and I could slide corners. With the tru trac unless your on the gas hard when you go into the corner it just turns. No slide. Took a bit to get used to but it’s basically doing it’s job extremely well. On the street no more sliding in the rain. No chirping either.

im a fan.

Comment

Working...
      X