1mo budget build or bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1mo budget build or bust

Alright guys, I’m sure there are tons of build forums on similar subject matter. I’ve never made one but decided, why not do one for this dumb project.
    The short of this one is that I needed a beater project rig for mild rubicon action (never built a crawler, always been more towards the prerunner side). I purchased a 1994 explorer, 2dr, 5speed, with “gambler 500” type of mods, ie small lift and minor mods. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and plan to build it by mid august for the deadline shitshow weekend.
    First pic is how I bought it. Second pic is of my family initiating the motor tear down to fix the massive coolant leak from the valley gasket.

As of now, I’ve fixed the major motor issue of the leaking valley gasket. I need to replaced the clutch master, install an old 4inch lift, and do an axle flip to spring over in the rear. Those are the big ticket items needed for now.
    The front suspension was beat pretty bad, the coup spacers were loose, coils, barely being held in place, shocks were blown and hypothetical.
    Pics are of suspension prior to removing, 4in lift hangers installed, blown master cylinder seal, and some 285/75r16s I picked up for cheap.

Comment

4” lift installed with the 285/75r16s. Looking slightly better. Think this is an old skyjacker long radius arm kit (correct me if I’m wrong). Next is a spring over axle swap in the rear.

Comment

Working...
      X