Mojave Trail Meet Planning - October 20-23, 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojave Trail Meet Planning - October 20-23, 2022

Who wants to do a Mojave Trail run October 20-23? Input & feedback is appreciated!

General Plan

Wednesday 10/19 - Potential evening meet up at Kyle's compound in Johnson Valley. Still need to confirm with him

Thursday 10/20 - Meet early Thursday morning off the 15. Travel through Afton Canyon and the river crossing. Continue through the Soda dry lake bed stopping at the rock pile. There are various mines, and mills along the way that are cool to stop & check out as well. The day would end near the lava tubes at a nice camping area in the Cima Volcanic area that I found on a previous trip. If we have time, we can check out the lava tubes or push that to the next morning.

This area is right next to a paved street called Kelbaker Rd. which spans between the 15 & 40. This would give people the option to meet up on Thursday night/Friday morning.

Friday 10/21 - This is my favorite section of the trail. We will stop at the Mail Box, drop down to Marl springs, and then hit an incredibly scenic, long, and smooth whoop section that is really fun. We will travel through a Joshua tree forrest, stop at a few old mining cabins, and I'd really like to end the night with an 8 mile detour off the trail to pine forrest camping site at 5600ft elevation.

Saturday 10/22 - This will be our final day in the dirt. We can explore Fort Piute, and we will eventually cross the 95 and have the opportunity to gas up, and grab supplies before a fun desert section leading into Laughlin.

I don't have anything setup for accomodations in Laughlin yet. I think camping near the river would be cool, or we can always grab a hotel.

Sunday 10/23 - I left this open because I think most of us will have a long drive home

This is 160 miles in the dirt. We will travel though remote areas that are over an hour from any paved roads and/or fuel and water. The camping is remote as well.

Some basic items like a spare tire, tow strap, tools, extra fuel, extra water, and a vhf radio will be required.

If we have over 7 vehicles we will be need a permit. At some point there may need to be a cap on the amount that go as well. If you commit, please be serious about it or give at least a months notice if something comes up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled222222.png
Views:	138
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	263

Going to keep a running list here of people that have commited so far. Send me a DM to get on the list.

1. Travis + Trevor - White 94

If everything goes well in the 500, I’ll leave my truck down in SD and tag along.

Comment

Would be an awesome event. Plan stops multiple days?

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdude02 View Post
        Would be an awesome event. Plan stops multiple days?
        Check out the the first post, I am going to continue to edit it with details.

Comment

This sounds like a blast! I’m definitely going to try and make it, and will keep you updated.

Comment

I will be attending in the expo & another ranger with me. Thursday morning.

Comment

Officially committing to the trip. Trucks in SD and ready to go.

Comment

Working...
              X