Let's talk gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk gears

Hy every one new hear to whole forum thing, anyways I drive a black on black 2000 expo on 4" spindles, btf control arms, 2" rear lift and 33s pretty much stock LOL. The expo performs like a champ, I love this thing, keeps up with my friends Cherokees. Just not so good on the freeway now that It's sitting on 33s. I am thinking of re gearing it, not sure what to go with? It's 2 wheel drive xlt, 3:73 limited slip.

I'm hoping you guys can bless my with some wisdom.

I have a 93 with the 4.0 ohv. 33x10x15 bfgs. Its not my daily driver but it does see a fair amount of freeway and street miles. I re geared to 4.56 and am pretty happy with it. does about 65 at 3k rpm and has a little more torque on the bottom end. Depending on what you're looking for you could probably get by with 4.88 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 00Explode View Post
      Hy every one new hear to whole forum thing, anyways I drive a black on black 2000 expo on 4" spindles, btf control arms, 2" rear lift and 33s pretty much stock LOL. The expo performs like a champ, I love this thing, keeps up with my friends Cherokees. Just not so good on the freeway now that It's sitting on 33s. I am thinking of re gearing it, not sure what to go with? It's 2 wheel drive xlt, 3:73 limited slip.

I'm hoping you guys can bless my with some wisdom.
      If you get it your fuel economy will just get worse at comparable speeds on the freeway.

Comment

What engine do you have? 4.10-4.56 would be your range for sure. Spinning RPMs doesn't always mean less MPG. Having a gear that revs higher but pulls grades in overdrive could help MPG. I have 4.56s and 33s but mine is pretty heavy. 4.10s would be worse and I might benefit from 4.88. But I don't go that fast on the freeway and drive in a lot of hills. I turn about 2700ish most times on a V8 but my throttle input is low to keep that rpm and it rarely downshifts so my MPG isn't bad considering the weight.

Comment

I have a '99 with the sohc and 5 speed tranny on 32"s with 4.88 gearing and I love it. It had 3.55 open rear end stock. It does spin around 3,000 grand on the freeway now but well worth it offroad. It has much more torque now and it put the engine back in the factory torque range plus some.

Comment

Working...
          X